Published on | by Rochelle @ BFHT0
Registered Practical Nurse System Navigator – 6 Month Contract Position
Be Part of Leading Edge Health System Change
This 0.6 FTE position involves working 24 hours per week as an RPN System Navigator. This position is a collaborative position working with an RN and within the Bancroft Family Health Team with physicians and staff as well as with the Rural Hastings Health Link. The Rural Hastings Health Link is comprised of Central Hastings FHT, North Hastings FHT, Bancroft FHT, Gateway CHC, and our broader health system partners in hospital, Home & Community Care, Long Term Care, Addictions and Mental Health, and CSS who together enhance patient outcomes for the most complex patient populations.
The goal is to improve outcomes for those with complex health conditions and the focus is on improving the patient’s experience, decreasing the patient’s need to utilize the emergency department, and preventing hospitalization. As our System Navigator you will engage the patient, and:
- Complete care coordination plans in collaboration with the patient and other members of the health system team
- Support and advocate for the patient’s goals for health improvement
- Support the patient through transition points of care
- Provide leadership, spread innovation and new health systems thinking, providing team based care
- Integrate quality methodology to support and foster a culture for continuous improvement in health outcomes, system based efficiencies, and measuring for patient success
Experience within primary health or acute care settings, as well as flexibility to respond to a fluctuating workload and changing environment are important qualities. Proficiency in the use of electronic health records is an asset. Valid registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse is required.
Your greatest asset will be your desire to be part of nursing innovation and making change happen.
This is a 6 month contract position that will run until December 31st, 2018. There is a possibility of extension, dependent on funding.
Candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter by Friday, June 15, 2018 to Sandra McGrath, Executive Director, Bancroft Family Health Team, at email@example.com
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.